Wednesday 29 December 2010

I have tried for you: leaving Oman.

There were long days and short nights, sunny hot days and starry warm nights. 
There were sunrises and sunsets, all shades of pink and orange and purple and blue.
There was no rain, not one drop - all of it saved for a certain October week in St Malo, France.
There were tanned white-smiled people and paler white-smiled people, who welcome me on their team to take on a tiny bit of a much bigger challenge, who played by my rules, who showed me patience, understanding and trust.
There, I have been happy, I have been sad too. I have been happy again. 
I have asked questions, so many questions, and listened to answers, skeptical sometimes, amazed, most of the time. There still are things I don't get but it seems I understood the most important parts. I have grown up, matured, learnt, shared and taught.
Time has been scarce, and I haven't written one third of what I wanted to, so many ideas are still spinning in my head. I guess that's what happens when life gets in the way! 
I enjoyed every minute of the experience and maybe, one day, I'll put it all on paper.

Leaving was hard. I miss Oman and my life as it was then and there, but time has come to jump head first in a new chapter. Less sand, more snow. Oh well... At least I get to use my winter wardrobe this time!
I'll keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment